Sunday, April 14, 2013

OK, now for something different with even more excuses and explanations attached than usual. A friend of mine, Sara, is a talented necklace and pendant designer and maker (and collagist). Not too long ago she began making pendants using photos of mine she'd chosen. At present I'm the proud possessor of four of them. And this post is to share photos of them.

Before I go any further I'll say there are many sorts of photography I have no skill at whatsoever, one of them being shiny objects such as pendants. I'd hate to admit how many different shots I took of these pendants, in different lights, from different distances and angles, and on different backgrounds. Given how poorly most turned out I am not terribly displeased with these, though they could be better. (E.g. there must be a way around that little halo of reflected light at the tops of the four pendants in the picture immediately below.) Information about the pendants is below each photo, and Sara's contact info is at the end of this post.


The above round red pendant is 1-1/2" and the long ones are 2".


The above is the back of the round red pendant. Sara's pendant backs are as beautiful as the fronts, so one really gets two for the price of one.


The above is where I hang all my necklaces. (So far, only the four pictured at the top of this post are Sara's work, though hopefully this will change in time.) It's a narrow stretch of bathroom wall, above a towel rack. I had thought to take down that Monet print when I decided to put up hooks for necklaces. But I so like the print and thought it might make the space more interesting. (My apologies to the artist. :-D) That little bag on the left is holding two of Sara's pendants that aren't currently on chains. You can readily spot the two that are (the round red is hanging just above the lavender long one).

Here's the link to Sara's Etsy website, showing a range of her beautiful beading, pendants, and collages. I'm sure she'd love to hear from you.

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time in this left-hand column. See the Archives listing (below Previous Posts) in the right hand column. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home