Wednesday, June 19, 2013


Eyeing Violet is from my newest folder of pix, just edited a couple days ago. And it's one of those photos I find myself wanting to apologize for liking. It has a sort of greeting card quality and somehow that makes it less artistic? LOL, and what did I just say here a few days ago about the "masterpiece complex" that demands all one produces be a classic? So I restate for my own benefit that art serves many different tastes and functions. And, darn it all, one of those functions is to please the eye of the producer. And this producer enjoys looking at this result. (BTW, I did try it without that "poster line" effect but although it's less like a greeting card or illustration that way, it doesn't have much of a "pop" either. So I have left in the dark outlining.)

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time in this left-hand column. See the Archives listing (below Previous Posts) in the right hand column. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home