Sunday, June 16, 2013


In Search of Van Gogh, yes, is from that same old folder I've been working in. I posted a couple other versions of this tree here not too long ago. But as happens with many pix something keeps calling me back to it. With respect to this version's colors, they are the result of chasing after those in Van Gogh's "Starry Night." Even the "motion" in this version weakly echos that painting's. I'm not saying I sat down with the intent of imitating that famous painting. But as I worked on the photo something about it began to raise strong memories of "Starry Night." I even googled to see if my memory was at all accurate. Well, yes and no. It depends on which scanning of the painting's colors one believes. Each one of the gazillions on line was different. However, at least for me this photo echos that painting. Why this should please me, I don't know. Isn't originality the end all and be all? Maybe I should just consider it my attempt at an hommage to Van Gogh, and leave it at that.

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time in this left-hand column. See the Archives listing (below Previous Posts) in the right hand column. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home