Thursday, August 22, 2013

AFTER THE FLOOD; THE FROST NEXT TIME; & AUTOMATIC WRITING

After the Flood (8-4-13) is a new photo just edited today. It's actually only one of several versions, three of which I'm posting here today. I just love playing with those fern patterns. "After the Flood" is, at least so far :-D, my favorite version.

The Frost Next Time grabs me mostly because of its colors. But it also raises memories of some beautiful wintery sights when I was living back east.

Automatic Writing is my least favorite, however, I do like the emphasis on all the lines. And don't the ends of some of the fern branches look like pen nibs?

BTW, these haven't been as heavily photoshopped as one might think. There's one function called "Glowing Edges" that pretty much set the stage for all three of these above. Then I worked on each in MS Picture Manager; changing the colors, saturation, and contrast, and increasing or decreasing mid-tones, etc.

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time in this left-hand column. See the Archives listing (below Previous Posts) in the right hand column. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home