Monday, August 19, 2013

MIRROR MIRROR ON THE WALL

Mirror Mirror on the Wall is a new photo, just edited this morning. It's the third version I've made from the original (which is of looking down on a little garden from an overpass). Although as I recently reaffirmed here I want this blog to be about photography and not my inner process (I have my dreams & poetry blog for the latter) it's sometimes difficult to keep them separate. More and more I'm letting what I do with photos be an expression of an unconscious process. It's true that almost all my photos are influenced unconsciously and I only know how when something shows up in some way on my screen. However, that has become an almost over-riding tendency in the past few months. For instance, this photo went through various crops and color combinations and filters and tentative titles (one was "Migraine") before it landed here. That "here" is when I saw a melting mirror on the wall and off I went haring after the "meaning" of that. And I have got something by the tail now as a result of working with this picture.

I give fair warning that I've also started reading a text only (unfortunately it's all I could afford) version of Jung's Red Book. So this process may only intensify. (If you do a Google Image search for Jung's Red Book you'll see why I wish I could afford the illustrated book.)

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time in this left-hand column. See the Archives listing (below Previous Posts) in the right hand column. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home