Sunday, September 8, 2013

HOW'S ABOUT A KISS

How's About A Kiss (9-7-13) was taken only a couple days ago and finally "finished" this morning. I put that word finished in quotes because just like my poems my photos are always up for further clean-up and even total revision. In any case, I thought I'd post a straightforward shot here for a change. Since I've been indulging my leaning toward the non-representational or at least quirky and suggestive, I tend not to take photos with the literal in mind. What tends to grab me about a potential shot is some shape or shadow, or relationship or angle between objects, not that it's, say, a gorgeous bloom. And even when I take a picture hoping to capture it "as is," I'm too often disappointed. I'd be inclined to say that's my lack of tech knowledge (e.g., shooting in bright light) but I used to get a great many more good straightforward photos when I was using my first (old Gateway) camera. So I don't think it's all my resistance to really applying myself to learning tech stuff. Though finances may finally force me to do just that. That is, try to make do with my current (limited but serviceable) Samsung by trying out things I've already located in its manual, rather than spend money on a new camera. Ah, well, as always, I'll kiss all this up to experience and continue to enjoy experimenting with whatever pictures show up on my computer screen.

Quick note on the title: I keep thinking that to be correct grammatically it should read "How About A Kiss." Yet, some part of me insists that I've almost always heard it said "How's About A Kiss," so I'm leaving it that way. Of course, just because "everyone" says it that way doesn't make it right. But it could make it idiomatic, which I like. :-)

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time in this left-hand column. See the Archives listing (below Previous Posts) in the right hand column. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home