Friday, December 27, 2013

INFINITE SCARECROW; & CLEARING THE WAY

Infinite Scarecrow is from that folder of pix I took on Christmas Eve. I've been having great fun messing with its photos in Photoshop and MS Picture Manager. Maybe it's because I had The Wizard of Oz on as I worked at my computer the other day, that I keep seeing characters from that movie in my photos. (Glinda the Good Witch has even appeared in a dream.)

This second picture is one of several attempts to capture a bee at its business. Since bees move so dang fast (especially once they sense me looming over them no matter how carefully I move, even holding my breath!) I take no time at all to frame the shots. But just point and click, one after the other, as fast as I can without moving suddenly. I have to admit that even other sorts of shots that I frame rarely come out as I would hope. However, I don't wind up with part of a blossom outside the frame, as I do with bee shots. As I did with one of this particular bee. Anyway, after much fussing (including that slight change of hue) I settled on this version of a pic of that flighty bee, Clearing the Way:


By the way, until I cropped "Clearing the Way" in really close I did not see that the bee's feelers look as if they're gripping that petal. That's what ultimately appeals to me about this picture.

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time in this left-hand column. See the Archives listing (below Previous Posts) in the right hand column. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home