Wednesday, February 26, 2014

TAKING THE STAIRS

The original for Taking the Stairs (9-21-10 10033v3) is years old but just re-worked today. It's the sort of shot I used to take many more of. I'm still intrigued by the contrast and shadows between growing things and architecture. And often stop to stare at them on the many outside staircases we have on the grounds of the retirement community I live in. I just haven't pulled out my camera in a long time to snap a pic of them. I'm usually hobbling my way home with a backpack full of shopping when the shadows are the most interesting (late afternoon) and just not up to it. Mostly because I know I find it so hard to take only one shot. (Once I start, I keep going. Trying this angle and that, this framing of that section and this. Then see something else a few yards on ...) However, I suspect having worked on this pic today I've really stirred up that interest and will probably be taking some new architecture/shadows/plants pix soon.

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time in this left-hand column. See the Archives listing (below Previous Posts) in the right hand column. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home