Sunday, March 16, 2014

SPRING CRUSH; & EN CHORALE

Spring Crush (3-14-14 005v2) above is a new photo just edited, but only a little bit (cropped and color saturated, and a little painting out of distractions). There are several batches of orchids in different colors and sizes blooming delightfully right now on our grounds. Like most of the flora here they are in locations either too far for me to hobble closer to, and/or in shade (at least the time of day when I see them), and/or surrounded by other distracting objects. (I've gotten pretty good at balancing as I use my walking stick with one hand to hold obscuring leaves and branches out of the way, and aim and snap my camera with the other.) But I keep trying to get decent shots of them. Mostly by taking them at a distance when I must, and then cropping the pics in many different ways to see what I can come up with. "Spring Crush" was a relatively simple one to produce. And as I just now looked at its larger source photo, I think there may be another way I can crop it as well.

En Chorale (3-14-14 006v2) below is of a different batch of orchids. I enjoyed fooling with the "texture" on this one. And look forward to trying other crops and even colors.

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time in this left-hand column. See the Archives listing (below Previous Posts) in the right hand column. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home