Tuesday, April 15, 2014

MORNING WALK

"Morning Walk" (4-15-14 061v2) was just taken this morning and is a rare creature in my photograph universe. It's actually only been slightly cropped and color saturated, with one tiny bit of painting out of a distracting bit. This rose garden, especially given we're in a drought, is quite something this spring. I'd been hopeful when I snapped this one that it would be decent. I was shooting almost into the sun, not a tactic that bodes well for a photo. (In fact, that bit of painting out was over a rose that was so backlit as to glare whitish.) But between sheer luck, and remembering that the more area of a shot is filled with darker objects, the more bright light may be countered on auto settings, the results are passable. I also got lots of close up shots of that blooming Pride of Madeira (the bluish spikes in the back). But don't have time right now to work on those; they'll need lots of cropping due to the angles I had to take them at. I also have lots of other pix, taken in that too bright morning light that I may yet be able to reclaim in some fashion as straight forward pix. If not, they are already calling to my imagination to bring them up in Photoshop.

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time in this left-hand column. See the Archives listing (below Previous Posts) in the right hand column. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home