Sunday, May 25, 2014

NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH (in support of the Isla Vista/UCSB community)

"Neighborhood Watch" (3-21-10 10006v3) was posted here some time ago. I'm re-posting it today in support of our neighboring Isla Vista/UCSB community after the mass shooting there the evening before last. Oddly, the old folder it's from is the one I've been saying for some time that I've been stuck in. It's full of Isla Vista pix I took. This particular corner is right where some of the shooting and car chasing went on. May this version I made of this pic quite some time ago be seen to radiate with a reminder that the vital creative life of the Isla Vista community cannot be taken away from them. No matter how assaulted and challenged. (By the way, it was titled "Neighborhood Watch" back when I first posted it.) And I cannot end this post without putting out my deep hope that we will learn someday how to help those so painfully wounded, before they are compelled to act out in such destructive ways toward both themselves and others.

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time in this left-hand column. See the Archives listing (below Previous Posts) in the right hand column. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home