Tuesday, May 27, 2014

THE FLOATING WORLD

"The Floating World" (5-3-14 2004ev2) was recently fussed out of a very old photo. The title popped into my mind as I started entering the pic info in my notebook for future reference. Then I vaguely recalled that "the floating world" references some philosophy or art movement so Googled the term. And found that it's "a genre of woodblock prints and paintings that flourished in Japan from the 17th through 19th centuries." That sort of fits with my sense that this pic might do well with an accompanying haiku. Maybe it's due to the somewhat parchment paper color overall.

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time in this left-hand column. See the Archives listing (below Previous Posts) in the right hand column. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home