Thursday, August 14, 2014

A MATTER OF CONTRAST

Before I go on about today's pic, I should say I'm not all that enamored of it (it has areas that bother me). I just wanted to share the results of a fun experiment. So, to continue, "A Matter of Contrast" (5-12-11 10933v4) is a brand new version of a very old photo of mine. And the title pretty much reveals what was egging me on: fooling with contrasts that create rather definite eye catching shapes. (I think that may have been triggered by the black and white conversions I've been making lately.) The original for this version has lots of contrasts so I began chasing after them, trying to really emphasize them. BTW, the color choices I made are just an exaggeration of the faint undertones in the blooms in the original pic (pale yellow/gold with very pale green). Also, this is one of those pix that actually looks better in this smaller version. Larger, the shapes of the colors just seem distracting. Even after the almost five years I've been fussing at photos, I'm still surprised at how much can effect the perception of a pic and especially its colors. Such as size, color of background, and lighting. And the most frustrating for me, which electronic device and/or program in which it is being viewed.

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time in this left-hand column. See the Archives listing (below Previous Posts) in the right hand column. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home