Monday, October 20, 2014

WELCOMING HALLOWEEN

Continuing with the Halloween theme I started yesterday, here's "Welcoming Halloween" (10-15-14 001v2). It's of one section of our retirement community's Promenade. It's not a great photo, but at least it shows many of the seasonal decorations one can see along the way. I sometimes sit on a bench here after dinner and chat with a friend. But now that the weather's getting cooler (especially in the evenings) we won't be doing much of that until spring. It's a different story in the daytime, any season. Folks often sit here in the sun (or shade, as the need may be) and chat. (Both sides of the Promenade have benches and there's a gorgeous shade tree to the right of this pictured section.) Oh, and this pic? Very slightly color saturated, and it had to be cropped more than I would have liked. It was taken with my wide angle lens camera and some of the original is lightly skewed at the outer edges. I thought I'd compensated for that tendency with how I held my camera (that does work sometimes). It's really so hard for my aging eyes to see what something really looks like on the tiny view screens of these compact digital cameras. Not making excuses, just sharing. :-)

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time in this left-hand column. See the Archives listing (below Previous Posts) in the right hand column. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home