Thursday, November 6, 2014

DIVING IN; & HELIPAD

"Diving In" (11-6-14 004v4a) is a brand new photo, just edited this morning. I don't often succumb to the strong temptation to (carefully) chase bees around the flowers when I see them. I've learned what a frustrating experience that is. But I also know once in a great many attempts I do catch a bee at its work in a not-too-bad pic. The above is one of those times. And below is another, really old pic, that I just managed to work into something passable yesterday,"Helipad" (10-1-11 11318e):

I'm going to have to do some serious reading of my wide angle lens camera manual. I've noted its focus is not as good in close ups -- as in the flower center of "Diving In" ("Helipad" was taken with a different camera) -- as it is in distance shots, like buildings. I'd like to think, though, that at least in "Diving In" the vague fuzziness adds something to the pic. (However, I did sharpen it a wee bit.) Oy, now that I'm in "critical mind" I should note I had/still have an issue with the contrast in "Helipad." It took a lot of work to get it as good as it is, though it does still have a sort of haziness to it I'd be happier without. While the cropping was a tortured process, and is still not fully to my satisfaction. There just comes a point where I accept a pic's limitations (and mine ... there's only so much editing I'm willing and skilled enough to do) and if I still like it, post it.

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time in this left-hand column. See the Archives listing (below Previous Posts) in the right hand column. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home