Saturday, December 13, 2014

SUN LION

Not much to say about "Sun Lion" (12-7-14 013v3a) except that it's just been morphed out of a new photo. And that it's ultimate appearance was heavily influenced by looking forward to having longer days again. Once I began to see a lion in its center, that is. Before that I had no idea where I might want to go with it. (Just as with several other pix I fooled with this morning.) I've really got to do something about learning the finer ins and outs of my two cameras. For quite some time I've not been happy with most of the pix I'm getting with either of them. And I think that has more to do with not wanting to deal with their manuals, than it does with what they can and can't do when I use their various auto-focus settings. (E.g., I need to, sigh, get into adjusting things like white balance and such.) BTW, when I say "not happy" with the pix I mean mostly their poor focus. So that I then wind up morphing the behoosits out of them if I use them at all. Not that I mind morphing, I definitely enjoy it. But almost every shot I take is because it's something I'd like to have a true and "as is" photo of. E.g., it's disappointing to have a snap of an intriguingly shaped blossom or shadowed staircase turn out to be unuseable unless fudged with in some artsy fashion. Oy! How many times have I started a post here saying I didn't have much to say? :-)

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time in this left-hand column. See the Archives listing (below Previous Posts) in the right hand column. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home