Sunday, August 16, 2015

CORNERED

"Cornered" (8-12-15 015) is one of those extremely rare pix of mine with almost no fussing done to it. Some minor cropping, but only to fix the edges because it needed to be ever so slightly straightened. It's too soon to say if that's because it was taken with my new camera (more on that below). It could just be the luck of the draw. You take enough pix and one is bound to be fine, as is. Of course, I doubt many folk would agree that "Cornered" is "fine, as is." But something about it strongly appeals to me, so I'm leaving it alone.

The new camera: a NIKKON Coolpix S6900, 16mp, touch screen (which is driving me nuts getting used to), adjustable LED view screen, and more. I really had no business (and even less money for) getting a new one. But as I've been saying on this blog for a long time I've just not been all that happy with my Samsung. However, after just a couple of days with this NIKKON I'm beginning to accept that having cameras is like having relationships with people. Each one brings different things to the table. (E.g., I tend to remember the old Gateway I first worked with rather fondly because it had excellent focus with no fuss at all. Forgetting how it had such a low pixel count that I could not do much cropping before a pic went wonky.) Since starting on this photo journey in 2009, I've worked with six cameras (three currently in my possession), all different in their hows and results. Ah, well, it's always fun to try new things and discover what they offer. And I'll remind myself I typed that when I'm next at the NIKKON's view screen, flapping my fingers around in frustration trying to get to some function via it's touch screen. Smile.

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time in this left-hand column. See the Archives listing (below “Previous Posts”) in the right hand column. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home