Saturday, August 1, 2015

ON THE WAY TO DINNER

"On the Way to Dinner" (6-24-15 005v2) is a new pic of a view I enjoy every day, sometimes several times. That's our administration building in the background; those two dark doorways are into the dining area. But the heart of this shot -- and the reason I took it -- is that ficus tree. It's the one I mentioned here some time ago was losing way too many of its leaves. And that I believed it might be due to the drought. We recently lost two other large trees across from this ficus (not due to the drought). And although the area is now looking just fine, filled with drought resistant plants, I still miss those big sheltering trees. So I've been worried we'll also lose this lovely ficus. And thought I'd better get some shots of it. I'll be sad if I have to add a pic of it to my "lost trees photo wall" (seriously, I have four pix up now of trees no longer around for various reasons). But at least I'll have a pic. I lived in Elmhurst (that name will give you a clue) for 23 years in New York City (where I lived all my life before moving to CA). And was sad to lose the presence in our neighborhood of many a lovely tree. E.g., one huge old elm across from my third floor apartment, to make way for a boxy condo. It seems trees tend not to fare well living in close proximity to humans, whether in drought time or not.

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time in this left-hand column. See the Archives listing (below Previous Posts) in the right hand column. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home