Saturday, March 12, 2016

AT THE EDGE OF THINGS

"At the Edge of Things" (3-12-16 009v2) is one of those new ones I mentioned yesterday that I'd taken and not yet had time to load to my computer, much less work on. This morning I found that this one of the bunch is a rare pic that not only came out as I'd hoped when framing the shot, but also needed very little work. Just did some cropping to get the proper dimensions for my online printer (or I might have left it as it was), a wee bit of color work to get the contrast right, and a teensy bit of painting out of a distraction in one corner. I'm really getting it that I have to respect my camera's need for more light than I often take photos in. I.e., I think this pic came out as clear as it did because it was taken in bright light that was off to the right over my shoulder. As I mentioned here a few days ago, using the portrait setting (weird, but true) more often would help. Portait does better in questionable light and will auto-flash when it's way too low. (BTW, just used the close up setting on this shot.)

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time in this left-hand column. See the Archives listing (below “Previous Posts”) in the right hand column. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,




[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home