Thursday, September 8, 2016

GANESH FLOATING

Third night of Ganesh Chaturthi (His birthday celebration): I took "Ganesh Floating" (Ganesh, 008v2) yesterday, after making my post here. And after this post I'll probably find another Ganesh image around my rooms to try to get a decent pic of. This one is of a photo on a catalog cover that I cut out and taped to my bedroom wall quite some time ago. I had a bit of trouble finding the right camera setting as the paper of the pic is semi-glossy and glares under a flash setting. But my room lighting isn't really good enough -- even in the day time -- for non-flash shots. I forget what I finally found worked, but cheered when I saw a pic that didn't have a big patch of white glare, or wasn't too blurry to work with at all. Those dark shadows on the left side are in the catalog cover pic. (I tried lightening them a bit, but it messed with the rest of the pic's contrasts.) I fussed with sharpness and a tiny bit with color. For instance, the wall is just a plain egg shell white in reality. But it needed a touch of color since Ganesh is pale, also. I felt a bit like Ganesh might feel, throughout the entire process: "removing" each obstacle. Smile. This year a new thing has entered my nightly offering and brief meditation before His altar: each little gift (stone, figurine, shell, etc.) is generating one line in what is becoming a poem. (For my thoughts on Ganesh, and all Deities, see yesterday's post, third paragraph.)

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time in this left-hand column. See the Archives listing (below “Previous Posts”) in the right hand column. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,




[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** Patricia’s dreams & poetry blog; and if you wish to copy or use any of her writing or photos, please email her for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home