Sunday, September 11, 2016

PIX OF GANESH CHATURTHI ALTAR w/ poem

As I said I would, I've posted (above) a pic of how my Ganesh Chaturthi altar wound up after five days of the festival.

This next above pic is a close up of the gifts I offered to Ganesh (one per night). They are (left to right in foreground) a black glass five-pointed star, a metal dragon figurine with a crystal ball in its forearms, a piece of bismuth (in gem lore, said to help with weight loss), a pendant made by a friend with a photo of mine in it, and a charm of the Eiffel Tower. And below is the poem that grew line by line, as I placed each gift on the altar, not knowing yet what gift I'd choose for the next night:

FIVE FOOTPRINTS LEFT BY GANESH

out of the abyss of a black star
an impossible dragon carrying
a crystal rainbow that radiates
possibilities beyond any craving
and generates a joy as sweet
and bright as a Christmas orange
that cradles the foreign country
of the future deep
within its curving

I'm not surprised I felt prompted to chose a tower for the last gift, given the 15th anniversary of the 9/11 Twin Towers disaster is today, and I lived through it as a resident of New York City back then. Here's a link to the post I just made in remembrance to my dreams&poetry blog. (Fair warning: it's intense and lengthy writing, with no accompanying photo.)

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time in this left-hand column. See the Archives listing (below “Previous Posts”) in the right hand column. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,




[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** Patricia’s dreams & poetry blog; and if you wish to copy or use any of her writing or photos, please email her for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home