Monday, October 31, 2016

SEEKING COMPANY

"Seeking Company" (10-30-16 010v2a) was just now fixed up for posting; another I took a couple days ago of those contrails that were all over the skies that mid-morning. I was standing right by the other bench (which is where I always sit if it's free and it usually is) when I took this shot. I had great fun trying different places to stand to see how it would change the angle and "feeling" of the contrails with respect to the ground and its objects. As I've probably mentioned here before about these beach overlook pix that I take, they are shot in very bright almost mid-day sunlight. So I never know whether I will be able to rescue them in Photoshop and/or Microsoft Picture Manager or not. I'm delighted when I can do so (at least to my own satisfaction). At the risk of repeating myself, there are probably ways to compensate a bit for the sun light with camera settings so I don't have to fuss a lot in post-production (and often fail to fix the pic). But I wish I had a nickle for every time I've read the camera manual with an eye to trying out some setting adjustments in bright light. And I promptly forget about what I read, or (more often) just don't feel like fussing. I just want to take the shot and keep shooting. Then there's the shot that really can't wait (the hummingbird or lizard, for instance). Ah well, time to get off this computer and finish my Halloween costume ... HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time in this left-hand column. See the Archives listing (below “Previous Posts”) in the right hand column. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,




[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** Patricia’s dreams & poetry blog; and if you wish to copy or use any of her writing or photos, please email her for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home