Monday, August 13, 2018

ELEPHANT ROW

"Elephant Row" (4-13-18 008v2) was just finished (from a fairly recent original pic of mine). Yeah, and it's of those fabulous tree roots I so enjoy taking pix of. Didn't do much to it but a big crop and some texture and color contrast work. I actually see elephant's trunks reaching down toward water. But there's nothing suggesting water in this pic and when I tried coloring a bit of the lower portion of the pic a watery blue, it didn't work at all ... obvious and distracting! I also see a baby elephant sort of standing on its hind legs on the right of this pic. But, that, too just could not bear any attempt to bring that out without messing with the overall balance and feeling of the photo. So I've left it all largely as is.

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time on scrolling down. See the Archives listing in the right hand column (below “Previous Posts”). And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,




[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** Patricia’s dreams & poetry blog; and if you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home