Tuesday, September 6, 2011

CROSSING PATHS


"Crossing Paths" is another of my favorite subjects to take pix of around here, as may be obvious from my posts here so far. I used this one once on a design for a temporary business card for a man while he was waiting for a totally different professional version from a printer. Long story, but he ultimately decided he did not want a card at all. Folk around here change their minds more frequently than New York weather. Note I say "New York;" the weather around here in SoCentral CA isn't all that changeable. :-D I hasten to add that's not a complaint.

As I look at this pic today it moves me rather differently than back when I first took it, not quite a year ago. Back then I was just pleased with the geometry and, as always, with the shadows. But today the empty stairs, the temporariness of the crossing paths are uppermost. Yes, a "wabi sabi" feeling rises -- that is, the eastern aesthetic that reminds us that nothing lasts, nothing's perfect, and nothing's complete.

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home