Wednesday, September 7, 2011

TUBULAR!


"Tubular!" was in my July exhibit. It was also in an only four photo exhibit back in May of this year. I've never been happy with the title but it's been "Tubular!" for so long it's just stuck. My problem with the title is I don't how many folk recall that '80s surfer expression meaning "excellent" or "cool." Ah well, not all titles can be tubular nor need they be. I think it's my poetic leanings that get me so invested in just the right title for a pic. (And if you buy that, there's a bridge in Brooklyn I can sell you cheap! :-D)

Think it's time I note here how it's becoming a mixed bag working with my photos. As I've said here before, editing old pix that I've never been comfortable with is great fun. But something else has also been happening. When I look at older photos that I've long been happy with, I'm finding things I think need "cleaning up" or cropping out. And I'm astounded I didn't notice them before. I've occasionally had this experience with old poems, but not at all with the same frequency. Anyway, I do hope this expanding critiquing eye is a good thing and that I'm not going overboard. An experience I've also had a little bit when writing poems. I.e., editing so thoroughly that I lose the sense of the piece. What this may all actually come down to is my difficulty giving up on that spark that drew me to some creative effort to begin with. Even when it's clearly telling me it's not viable.

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home