Thursday, February 16, 2012

MEDUSA RISING (two versions)


"Medusa Rising" is another brand new editing of an old photo. I have some hesitation about posting it today, but what's life without taking chances? And it's not like anyone who might see and agree with what causes me to hesitate, will be turned to stone by the sight. (Sorry. Couldn't resist it. :-D)

P.S. Three hours later: Here's another version I just made from this same original photo. I think I like this one a whole lot more. (It's almost as if my hesitation about the above version was saying "you're only at the draft stage ...")



This second version has been cropped down to a very small size. Making it larger messes with the focus I intend it to have (vaguely like a water color painting). I've come across this issue before. It makes me wonder how a photo such as this second version of "Medusa Rising" looks on other browers; i.e. does it get enlarged and therefore not look as I see it here. This issue of consistency across browsers and print mediums is a sticky one, I think. Or maybe just for me, given how low-tech I truly am. LOL, I barely even have the language to express these various concerns ... what do you call this wallymumpus, and how's that who-flunky-dunky process accessed and why does it do that? Hm, in my defense, I seem to recall occasionally seeing online graphics with a note indicating what resolution (is that the word) they are best viewed at. I think that may be the particular issue I'm poking at today.

And, sigh, after saying all that I find I'm still not settled on a version of "Medusa Rising." This is a good example of what can happen when I don't let a photo settle for a couple days. I've had this same experience with poems and collages. So there may be another version of this photo in few days or I may give up on it all together. But the journey will have been worth it to me, either way. Seriously. These sorts of efforts themselves, whether they yield anything worthwile or not, help me maintain what little sanity I have left. And that's only partly a joke.

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home