Tuesday, January 24, 2012

THE YELLOW WALLPAPER


"The Yellow Wallpaper" was clearly heavily computer manipulated. I'm neither settled on this version, nor on the title. But with all that, there's still something I like about these shapes and colors. So I'm sharing it anyway.

It also illustrates something I'm questioning more and more that's actually a combination of varying factors: camera and computer screen resolutions, printer quality, my eyesight (cataract concerns), etc. How much of what I like in the "artsy" effects I create post-production are truly effective, when viewed on better computer screens/systems and by younger eyes, and when printed by a better quality printer? (And this doesn't begin to address the problem of color inconsistency.) Sigh. I'll just have to hope something of what I see comes across, won't I?

As to that title, it's from a horror story by Charlotte Perkins Gilman. Here's a plot summary if you're interested in knowing more. I read it the first time decades ago, and it still chills me on reading even this summary.

P.S. at 6:00pm -- I just now read in Yahoo news that we were "hit" by a solar storm yesterday and will feel the effects for another day maybe. As these solar flares go the report said it teeters on the edge of being a major one, a "space hurricane." Relevance here? I initially had thought to name this photo either "Solar Storm," or "Corona." The first thing I saw (and still see) was the suggestion of pictures I've seen of the sun's coronal flares, especially at the top of my photo. This may also explain my awful headache now for two days and even worse mood. There may be no scientific proof that such phenomena effect humans this way. I can only say I appear to react to certain of both Moon and Sun changes, based on hind sight without foreknowledge. Which of course, is not proof but does give me pause.

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home