Wednesday, February 8, 2012

DUSTING OFF THE MEMORY


"Dusting Off the Memory" is a photo from this summer that I just now edited. As I've said here many times before I really should let a new picture "settle" a while before posting it as I will often tweak it a bit after some time has passed. Usually when I post one before it's "cooled" it's because I'm so enthused over something about it and willing to take the chance. In this case, though, it has at least as much to do with the color and title both reflecting a dream I had last night.

Instead of writing my usual dreamku (dream poem) about last night's dream I felt urged to go through my "needs editing" folder of photos and see what called to me. And although the original of "Dusting Off the Memory" is actually a pair of huge fuchsia blooms, somehow the center of one beckoned. Once I'd cropped the picture, and manipulated the color to reflect the one I'd clearly "seen" in my dream, I was content. As I typed that last sentence I recalled that Bob Hoss's work on color in dreams says that pastels often indicate newness. In the case of this dream, newness with respect to a memory? May it be so! That is, a change in understanding would be very welcome.

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home