Saturday, February 18, 2012

FIRE WALL & RISE OF THE FIRE BRANDS


“Fire Wall” is another in that series of old photos I’m re-editing, almost all of them very heavily. Photos I would consider ready for the scrap heap except for some interesting shapes or contrasts.

I must admit, though, I’m at a stage with photos that I sometimes reach with my poetry, too. I work and work at them, but the results are not all that satisfactory. Of course, with both poems and photos I can always revert to the original and start over. But in the instance of this particular photo I’ve reverted to the original several times. So I think I’ll just let this fire wall stave off any further fussing (at least for now :-D) However, I will first post the second version I made of this picture, called "Rise of the Fire Brands":



I just can't decide which version I like better. At first I leaned toward "Rise of the Fire Brands" (immediately above) as it has a slightly more personal feel to it. But after they both "cooled" overnight I can't say which I prefer, if either.

P.S. I just noticed that my visitor counter has reached 1,000 since I started this blog in July of 2011. That's hopeful. Especially as it's getting more and more complicated, requiring more time and effort and upkeep to get heard above the roar of activity on the internet these days. Effort I'm less and less willing to go through just to see that counter number rise. Back in the days -- you'd think it was ages ago, it was only from 1996 to 2002 -- of my website I was able to do really good promo relying mostly on reciprocal links and word-of-mouth (so to speak). That would get me almost nowhere these days, even if I were willing to spend a lot of time at it. And I'm decidely not willing to get into the social media craze, e.g. I've tried Facebook twice and it gives me hives.

Just when am I supposed to be writing poems, taking and editing pictures, or doing mundane things like laundry, in the midst of all this "social" and tech frenzy? (Lest you think I'm just being grumpy, please note that I have a total of four blogs for which I not only enter but create all the content.) So technology and time march on, faster and faster. And this old lady is slowly choosing to be left behind.

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home