Saturday, May 26, 2012

BEARDS 'N BUDS & X-RAY VISION


The little orchids in "Beards 'n Buds" are some of my favorites and always a challenge to photograph. Between my low-end quality camera and lack of tech knowledge, things as white as those "beards" tend to wind up very indistinct or just plain blank shapes. But I passed these orchids the other day when they were in semi-shadow and took some of the best shots I've gotten yet this season. I could wish the centers in this one were a little clearer but still enjoy the contrast between the old(er) "beards" and the brand new buds.

"X-Ray Vision" below is of a bigger bunch of the same type of orchids. I still have the un-reversed color version, which is rather nice but needs a bit of clean-up that I'm just not up to dealing with today. (All that painstaking use of a stubborn mouse to color out a couple of obtrusive spots in the photo background.) So I'll just share this fantasy version today, which tickles me:


NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home