Thursday, May 24, 2012

PORTRAIT OF THE ARTIST AT WORK


This photo's title is actually meant as a question. At quick glance that figure painting on the wall can be seen as real. But then one might wonder is that figure how the painter who did it actually looked while painting? Did that painter also do the mural/painting to the right? And the flower baskets beneath? In a way, that question is meant to call into question our own memories and perceptions of "reality." In dealing with this title for the photo I finally realized why my titles tend to be rather "heavy" and I suppose some might say pretentious. My picture names tend to be like seeds for poems. I.e., they are often more like jumping off points for a verbal exploration that I feel vaguely perking inside me, than identifiers of the photos.

In any case, I came across this 2-1/2 year old picture when looking for a photo to go with my daily dream poem post. "Portrait of the Artist at Work" was clearly taken in Art Alley, which is in Lompoc, CA. I only got to enjoy a small portion of the murals in Lompoc that day and would love to take another photography trip there some time.

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home