Monday, May 14, 2012

THE NATURE OF DREAMING


Not sure why "The Nature of Dreaming" gets me, but it does. From the moment it popped onto my screen when I reversed the original colors I've been really happy with it. I think it might be that intertwining of and oontrast between the natural and the architectural. Something I've been intrigued by from my first pictures over three years ago. Not to mention its sort of dreamy aspect, given my intense pursuit of writing dream-based poetry almost daily (see my other blog, Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm, link in sidebar).

Other than reversing the colors and a 1% tilt to line up all those straight edges better, I've done nothing to it. Not even any cropping. That's defintely another reason I feel so tickled by this photo. I often feel really discouraged by how much I have to do to photos post-production to make them work at all. Part of that is due to issues I don't have control over, such as having to take distant shots -- knowing I'll crop later -- because of inaccessibility (my arthritis doesn't permit much clambering), or not very satisfactory results from my limited little camera. So to have one picture arrive on my screen basically whole and finished ... well, what a delight. Hope these occasional happenings aren't just accidents. I.e., that they indicate I'm learning how to frame a shot "in the field" after all, in spite of the many challenges doing so often presents me with.

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home