Thursday, May 10, 2012

HIDE AND SEEK, A SUMMER INTUITION, & PREPARATIONS


All three photos today are brand spanking new; the "paint's hardly dry" yet. So I know I should let them "dry" before posting. However, I have found posting a photo here and commenting on it often shows me what needs doing than can be, and what I will have to do differently in future shots. How's that for rationalization? :-)

"Hide and Seek" above was one of those throw-away shots. I liked how the sky looked with the sun hidden, but really thought the light would be way too bright for a decent shot. Well, the light was fine but I probably could have spent a bit more time composing the shot, so that the buildings would be a bit more toward the vertical. Or rather (this is difficult to describe) having the building lines all aim more toward a central point in the picture. As it is, all the lines lean a bit too much to the right (unlike like me :-D). I tried tilting the photo (I have a program that does that ) but even the smallest tilt offered was too much. And I realized I would have had to stand more to the left when I took the picture, in order to have gotten the line-up I now want.

"A Summer Intuition" below is of that same tower, taken from behind and a flight off the ground. I've done some experimenting with black and white, and other single color photos, but think I've only tried one other sepia picture. This morning I used sepia in a photo I've posted to my other blog (see link to Roswila's Dreams & Poetry Realm on right side of this blog) and liked it enough to give it another go here. And sepia really changes the mood of this photo, making it more interesting (IMHO).


This last is more like my usual wont. I just love new rose bush branches and their reds. I worked to make this one look more like a painting as when I spot those tender new branches I always have the impression they'd just been painted into the garden and would still be wet to the touch.


NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home