Monday, August 6, 2012

Wild, Wild Horses was a bit of a surprise when it showed up after color-reversing the original, on which I'd already done some color changing. But a good surprise as it immediately then called to mind neighing, rearing horses -- an animal I have loved since early childhood. So as startling as this image may be to some folk (and I know it might be), I'm letting it stand as it gives me pleasure to look at it.

In a way this photo is also a statement of something I've been coming to slowly for months now. That is, I've been resisting recognizing how much I still bow to the expressed opinions of others, and what I assume they will be, when sharing my pictures and worse yet when editing them. There's a part of me that's been "chomping at the bit" to just do it's own thing whether it pleases others or not. Therefore, today's wild horses.

Unfortunately, although I can and will stick more to my own lights when editing and sharing pictures, very few will have the clarity of detail this one has. It was one of the extremely few I took with a loaner, much higher-end camera than my own. And a better camera is not even in the distant offing for me right now.

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home