Sunday, September 23, 2012


Well, at least the three I'm hesitantly sharing today have the energy of being brand new photos behind them. I'd hoped, though, to get some straight forward "last roses of summer" photos, but that wasn't to be. For various reasons, none worked "as is." So they're all in that familiar style of mine -- cropped way back to rose centers that have then been heavily computer manipulated.

The first (above) is called Harvest.

The title of this one below is Falling Dreams:


And this last, below, is Caution to the Wind:


It was really nice to work on fresh photos even if I had hoped for other than rather familiar results. I'm not sure what this ongoing discontent is about. It just seems to be urging me to surprise myself with unfamiliar results, as if I need to increase my visual vocabulary. Which has not been happening so far. I'd like to believe it's due to the quirks of my low-end camera and the rather limited editing capacities of the several old programs I use to edit pictures. But though those limits are real, I have continued to find new ways of working with my camera's glitches, and using and combining my editing program functions. So I think the limits are in me at this point. Ah well, I've been through this same sort of discontent at various times over the years with writing poetry. So it would be logical to believe that these photo blahs, too, shall pass -- leaving something new in their wake.

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home