Sunday, November 25, 2012


Taking the Fall is about a year and a half old, and I don't have the orignal, which is rare. It is clearly from a flower photo I'd heavily edited at some time and then forgot about. I just stumbled across it yesterday, at which time I was enticed into changing its orientation, in 90 degree increments.

I rarely fool around with orientation on the page. Though I do it occasionally by only a few degrees to straighten up a tilted picture, I rarely go a full 90 or 180 degrees. This photo just cried out for it for some reason. And I wound up seeing something rather different in each new tilt. Here are the three resultant versions. This one below is Sonogram:


And this one is Rising Above:


This last is Coming Into the Light:


I change my mind each time I view all four photo versions as to whether any is all that good, and even as to which I personally like the most. If hard pressed, I might admit to being mildly partial to "Sonogram" and "Rising Above." As I think the photo may work best with the darker elements less dominant within it.

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home