Monday, December 31, 2012


Side Trip is a recent slight re-editing of a several month old photo. A friend commented yesterday how, more and more, the photos I take serve as templates for something else, i.e. something not realistic. I agreed and added that I have always tended to the more "abstract" or "expressionist," going way back to decades ago when I was still painting, drawing, and working in pastels. Well, the photo above is a little trip away from what he might consider (but graciously did not call) la-la land.

Here's another from that same group of sea onions, taken a few weeks earlier. I don't know why some of them kept trying to grow in such odd directions. There's always plenty of sun just below, as you can in "Side Trip." What was most fun about this photo below is that all I had to do to follow my imagination toward la-la land was to find just the right crop. The sea onion did all the creative work getting itself back into sunlight. It's called Switchback:


NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time in this left-hand column. See the Archives listing (below Previous Posts) in the right hand column. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home