Monday, March 4, 2013


Waxing Moon is one of my oldest pictures. I've hung on to the original because I hoped that someday I'd figure a way to work with that intriguing shadow down the left side of the rose. Then when I came across it this morning I noticed for the first time (duh!) that white sickle shape at it's center. How is it we can look at things (both metaphorically and literally speaking) again and again, and not see or mis-read them? Anyway, I'm still not certain, if I ever am about any photo, that this particular crop works. But I enjoy looking at it with it's vague suggestion of a waxing sickle moon. By the way, for all the years I've been moon-obsessed -- in poems and in following its actual phases closely -- I still sometimes can't recall which side is waxing and which waning. I thought I recalled it being waxing sickle on the right and waning on the left, and google confirmed my memory.

Yin/Yang, below, is another version of the same photo.  Slightly re-cropped, with colors inverted, changed to sepia tones, and then to this green. This is one of those photos that just begs me to keep experimenting with its possibilities. I made two other versions that don't really work, and have no doubt there will be others in the future.


NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time in this left-hand column. See the Archives listing (below Previous Posts) in the right hand column. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,




[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home