Thursday, April 18, 2013


Answering the Day's Call, above, is another new photo, just re-visioned yesterday. I'm still not sure about that "light" being brighter in the upper left corner. One can see it as the "light" echoed in the orchid centers, but I also find it distracting. (I did try muting it by mouse in the paint program, but it's too large an area and did not come out well.)

In the Gloaming, below, is another version of the same photo. I cropped out that bright light in the upper left corner. Which then, of course, changed the mood. So I changed the color accordingly. (It could probably use a total re-cropping from the orignal; it feels a little unbalanced to me. Maybe I'll do it someday.)


Study in Orchid, below, is a different shot, from an oh-so-slightly different angle, and obviously cropped way down. I kept coming up against distracting aspects that were just too much to paint out by mouse for this old hand. So I kept cropping. I may go back someday and work harder at getting the same sketch-like effect with a larger crop.


NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time in this left-hand column. See the Archives listing (below Previous Posts) in the right hand column. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,




[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home