Sunday, August 25, 2013

SELF PORTRAIT AT 70; & CAUGHT IN THE MIRROR

Self Portrait at 70 (8-25-13), above, was just taken a couple days ago and edited today. I keep trying to get a better photo of myself for my blogs but haven't succeeded yet. However, it was fun playing around to see what I could do with them in an "artsy" style. And this one actually wound up hitting home in a few ways. But I'll leave it to any viewer to see what it feels like to her or him. Oh, the process I put it through? Photoshop filters Invert and then Craquelure; then MS Picture Manager for further color work. All after a big cropping as it's a much larger photo; my bathroom has three mirrors all looking a different way. (And, yes, I do have to attempt using the time delay function on my camera so I don't have to use a mirror. However, I find the reflections and re-reflections of my mirrors an intriguing challenge when trying to use them as part of a picture's composition.)

Caught in the Mirror, above, is from the same batch as "Self Portrait at 70." It, too, started out as simple and enjoyable experimentation, and wound up reflecting (pun intended) much about my inner life at present. "Caught in the Mirror," too, was heavily edited in both photoshop and MS Picture Manager (including a re-inversion of even odder colors I had originally settled upon).

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time in this left-hand column. See the Archives listing (below Previous Posts) in the right hand column. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.


* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home