Wednesday, November 6, 2013

TATTING LESSON; & SUNSET OVER FOOTHILLS

I'm posting Tatting Lesson (7-28-13), above, as much to show that I can work in other color ranges than that of blue/purple, as to share a photo I think works at least moderately well. I enjoy the texture of this one and it shows up best in these vibrant red/oranges after trying many other colors. Which, as at it happens, are not too far from the original plant's deep red blossoms.

Sunset Over Foothills (11-7-11), below, was just re-worked today from an abstract version of the original that I'd left sitting in the folder for a couple of years. When I hit on these shapes and colors today I immediately thought of the sunsets I've seen over the mountains in the not so far distance outside our retirement community's front gate. One of the few advantages (at least for me) to the days becoming so short is I'm actually out once in a while to see a lovely sunset (as opposed to ensconced in my room reading or writing and oblivious to the outside world).

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time in this left-hand column. See the Archives listing (below Previous Posts) in the right hand column. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home