Monday, June 2, 2014

SIFTING THE LIGHT; & LIGHT CONSTRUCTION

OK, so why do shadow patterns I stumble across fascinate me? Dunnoh! They just do. This pic, taken on my morning walk today, is called "Sifting the Light" (6-2-14 016v2). Funny thing is I took a bunch of other pix before this, then sat for a while reading. When I got up I almost passed on this shot, thinking the combination of bright sun on white, grey shadows, and even deeper darkness would not work out. But at the last second I turned back and took two shots. One turned out just as I'd expected, N.G. The white wall glared. But this one worked fairly well with some cropping (and nothing else). As to the other pix? A quick perusal says today's pic may be the only "successful" one (i.e., not asking for or needing a Photoshop make over) in today's batch. Odd, but I find these last throwaway shots often turn out to be the best of the litter. At least as straightforward, un-Photoshopped pix.

And since I can never leave anything well enough alone, here's another more heavily cropped version below, "Light Construction" (6-2-14 016v3):

I'd say I like both versions equally. The first for its realism (something I wander from more and more these days), and the second for how it begins to approach the non-representational. (And I have to admit that the intersection of stag horn leaves, wall, and straight line shadows is already tempting me to bring the pic up in Photoshop and see what I can do with it all.)

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time in this left-hand column. See the Archives listing (below Previous Posts) in the right hand column. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.


* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home