Friday, August 15, 2014

QUATERNARY

"Quaternary" (8-14-14 003v3) was just taken two days ago, early in the evening. I was very doubtful there was enough light but wanted to give it a go anyway as these blooms barely last a full 24 hours. As a result, I did wind up having to do a lot of fussing to bring the colors close to what I recall them being. (Not to mention cleaning up a lot of distracting schmutz in the background.) But I'm content as this is one of the very few decent shots I've gotten of these particular blossoms when open, even after trying for seven seasons now. They're usually heavily wilted by the time I wander by them. Or still tightly wound up in their bud form. Both states are actually interesting and I have shots of them wilted and in their buds. I just haven't had much luck with capturing the open blooms.

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time in this left-hand column. See the Archives listing (below Previous Posts) in the right hand column. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home