Sunday, September 7, 2014

RESPLENDENT

Since this is a photography blog, I'll resist the strong urge to talk more about Ganesh's traditional attributes. Except to mention that His vehicle or mount is also included on this figurine, i.e. a rat, or mouse, or shrew. (It's by His right foot.) I've heard many interpretations of this, mostly as representative of something negative to be overcome. But I prefer one I read many years ago that it's indicative of His humble nature that Ganesh has the lowly mouse for his mount. I call this photo "Resplendent" (9-6-14 002v2) because of the incredible and beautiful detail on it. The kohl around His eyes, the details on his forehead and trunk, his mount eating a grape, and even his toenails are painted! It's difficult to see all the painstaking work that was done on this only 4" tall Ganesh in the above pic, but "live" it's just delightful. The figurine was another of those that came to me as a gift (from a dear friend).

Tomorrow's the last day day of Ganesh Chaturthi. It was a sweet challenge to choose this next to last pic of Him to post. Well, if this is the next to last of mine I post. That remains to be seen. A photo's a photo, if of a Hindu deity or not. :-)

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time in this left-hand column. See the Archives listing (below Previous Posts) in the right hand column. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home