Saturday, January 10, 2015

IN THE TEETH OF WINTER

"In the Teeth of Winter" (10-5-11 11362v2c) is another very old pic that I worked on yesterday (mostly getting the right tilt and crop) and just again now. It's OK in it's full color version (which is not very colorful), but I wanted something more about it to imply the chilly weather in which it was taken. So I tried several different types of black and white conversion, none of which really did it either. Then I tried inverting the colors and applying a pale blue color filter...ack! But out of curiosity -- which I'm often motivated by -- I left it in that "ack!" version, re-inverted the colors, and voila! I like this sort of old-fashioned black and white photo look. I've used this effect in other architectural photos, but arrived at it by different, more direct editing pathways. And did not use a warming filter on this one as I've done on other pix.

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time in this left-hand column. See the Archives listing (below Previous Posts) in the right hand column. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home