Saturday, February 7, 2015

HEART OF THE STAG

"Nu?" as they say in yiddish, which is my response to what I'm about to type here. I.e., I've already made several versions of the source photo for today's "Heart of the Stag" (2-7-15 019v7). Which is actually saying a bit more than it does usually. As I had to go through a great deal of trouble and wandering around my rooms to even get this (and its fellow folder companion pix) onto my computer. I'd forgotten yesterday to put my chip back in the camera so these pix were on the camera's storage. "No biggie" one might be inclined to think. However, I've never used the cable that directly connects the camera (as opposed to chip) stored pix to my computer for up-loading. In fact, I couldn't even find it and wasn't sure I'd had one. (But, you say, how've you been getting pix onto your computer all this time then? I have a little USB transfer device into which I put the camera chip. Also, couldn't figure out a way to get the camera stored pix on to the chip. And was in no mood for reading the manual.) I looked high and low and everywhere in between, logical or not, for that maybe even non-existant, Samsung cable. I even tried using the cable that came with my Fujifilm camera, but it just didn't quite fit the Samsung. Then I remembered a huge box of miscellaneous cables and wires and many an old mouse and such that I keep just for this sort of "emergency" situation. And, lo and behold, there was a little USB cable that not only fit the Samsung, but worked! I don't think it's the one that must have come with the Samsung because it's grey (the camera is black) and it just doesn't strike a memory chord. But, hey, it worked. Which vastly improved my rainy day mood and achy joints. (Seriously, all that walking around and reaching and lifting helped the physical aches and pains.)

As to "Heart of the Stag" -- staghorn ferns are another of the many of my favorite growing things around here. This one's clearly been heavily Photoshopped and puts me in mind of an old print of some sort.

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time in this left-hand column. See the Archives listing (below Previous Posts) in the right hand column. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home