Tuesday, March 31, 2015

EASTER MORN

"Easter Morn" (3-31-15 016v8) is a brand new morph of a brand new photo. Not much else to say about it, as it's obviously been heavily fudged with in Photoshop (and MS Picture Manager, I tend to work back and forth between the two programs on a pic).

Right now I'm a bit agog at something I've been coping with for some time. There was this change in the quality of pix I was taking, back a few months ago. Mostly in an inability to crop a pic down very far, which had not been the case for this camera ever since I got it about 5 years ago. And a loss of clarity overall. But I lived with these problems, figuring I just wasn't framing shots as well as I used to for some reason, or needed to thoroughly read the manual (ack!). Or maybe my cataracts were really becoming more obstructive than I'd thought. Or the camera was failing. Then today I just happened to notice the size of an original pic: way too small! Whenever did my camera get set for only 1024 X 768 pixels? I definitely don't recall ever setting it at that. I got this camera largely because I wanted a much bigger picture so I could crop it down (as is my overall wont) and not have it go wonky on me. So, of course, I immediately changed the setting on my camera to the largest size it takes (3,000+ X 2,000+ pixels). Hopefully, this will improve the results I see on my screen and how far down I'm able to crop. Of course, I'm getting an uneasy feeling that it's not as simple as this. That this higher pixel count may interfere with other settings. But I'll just have to cross that bridge if/when I come to it.

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time in this left-hand column. See the Archives listing (below Previous Posts) in the right hand column. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home