Friday, May 15, 2015

CAN I COME OUT TO PLAY?

I've had this original pic (yes, this wasn't even cropped today, only re-sized for posting and ever so lightly color saturated) for almost three years. I'd made a not very satisfactory crop of "Can I Come Out to Play?" (9-16-12 12148) back when I took it. (I'd not liked that blue railing in the foreground.) But when I saw this original during my archiving/deleting work, I decided I like it just as it was as first taken. I've many pix of this particular stand of cannas. I pass them just about every day and love how they never look the same for even two hours in a row, much less for two straight days. Unfortunately, I think these cannas are being negatively impacted by the drought. They're a lot less lush this year and the leaves are smaller overall. Management here is being very water responsible. They've been putting in drip irrigation for some gardens (like our memorial rose garden) and covering the ground with mulch to help retain water. Where an old large tree had to come out (its root system was invading building pipe systems, I heard), they filled the area with drought resistant plants. And life is about constant change, whether due to a drought or something else. But it's still sad to see beautiful growing things like these cannas in distress.

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time in this left-hand column. See the Archives listing (below Previous Posts) in the right hand column. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home