Friday, May 29, 2015

ORANGE YOU LOVELY

The source photo for today's pic is almost six years old. As is the version of it I just worked up this morning into "Orange You Lovely" (11-09-09 8083v2). It's one of those pix I could not let go of despite it's problems. I'm glad I didn't because I get to enjoy it now. It's interesting how after years pass, I often find simple solutions to problems I'd not be able to clear up in a photo previously. In this case, rotating it 90 degrees to the right pretty much fixed it. And what it didn't fix, it made clear what else I could readily do. (A bit of painting out, along with a small amount of color and shadow work.) P.S. Now that I've had to keep looking at it during this posting process I'm beginning to have trouble with it again. Sigh. What's that quote? By Valery, I think: A work of art is never done, just abandoned?

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time in this left-hand column. See the Archives listing (below Previous Posts) in the right hand column. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home