Thursday, September 24, 2015

The party's just about over ...

Tonight is the last night of Ganesh's birthday festival week ("Ganesh Chaturthi"). It went faster than usual and I'm already a little sad at the thought of leaving my last little gift tonight on the altar I set up for His birthday. I'm going to be sure to acknowledge Him more often this coming year. Even with all the figurines and pictures of Him I have around my rooms, I can sometimes forget to do so. But back to this party's being just about over. I have always really liked the graphic above [Ganesh folder] that I found years ago on the internet. What a delightful presentation of the tiniest portion of Ganesh's many faces. And seeing all these together always reminds me that He Himself is just one of the uncountable faces of the Great Mystery. Albeit Ganesh is pretty much my favorite shining face, still I embrace that He's only one star among the many that make up The One.

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time in this left-hand column. See the Archives listing (below “Previous Posts”) in the right hand column. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home